AATA chapters are active throughout the US.
AATA chapters conduct meetings and activities that promote the field of art therapy on a local level.
AATA chapters provide a forum for addressing professional issues as well as a network for members working toward common goals.
AATA's Assembly of Chapters provides information and support to chapter members at the local level.
Please note: The American Art Therapy Association, AATA, does not require that chapter members have concurrent AATA membership at the equivalent membership level. However, non-AATA members who sign up for chapter membership must do so at the Contributing (Friend) level. NorCATA board members are expected to have concurrent AATA membership..
The Northern California Art Therapy Association (NorCATA)
is an affiliate chapter of the American Art Therapy Association (AATA). NorCATA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that:
* Promotes the therapeutic use of art throughout Northern California
* Promotes professional development through educational events, workshops, and conferences
* Promotes public awareness of art therapy through instructional presentations to community agencies
* Fosters networking and the development of support groups for art therapists through regional meetings
* Publishes a quarterly newsletter and ongoing blog.